I usually prefer savory foods for breakfast but every now and then I crave something sweet. I ran out of oatmeal but I had quinoa in my pantry and have been wanting to make a sweet breakfast quinoa.
I cooked the quinoa in water with a little sugar, vanilla and salt. After fluffing it up with a fork, I stirred in some half and half to make it rich and creamy. Then I topped it off with fresh sliced strawberries and a little more sugar or honey to taste.
The breakfast quinoa kept me full for a long time thanks to the protein and fiber found in quinoa, while the strawberries provide a good dose of vitamins and antioxidants.Print
Write a review
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar or Honey, plus more to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Half and Half
- Strawberries, sliced
- Bring water, vanilla, salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and add more sugar or honey to taste.
- Top with fresh sliced strawberries.
- You can substitute milk for the half and half but it won't be as rich and creamy.