One of my New Year’s resolutions this year was to eat healthier. After indulging in all the Christmas cookies and sweets and big holiday meals, I felt like I needed to go on a sugar detox! My body actually craves more greens and lighter meals if I’ve been eating a bunch of junk and heavy, sugary foods. I feel so much better when I eat better. However, my one downfall and all-time weakness is chips!
I haven’t found anything that I love more than chips, but in sticking to my New Year’s resolution, I have been trying out different healthy snack ideas. I mixed together some spices and roasted up a batch of these savory pecans. They make a great easy to grab snack or a nice addition to your salad.
Roasting pecans in the oven highlights their flavor and makes them more crunchy! Crunch is a big factor when looking for chip alternatives y’all!
These crunchy, savory roasted pecans are an easy and healthy snack idea.
Write a review
- 12 Ounces Pecan Halves
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat your egg white until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the pecans and coat them with the egg white.
- Add in the seasoning mixture and stir well.
- Spread the pecans in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container.