I don’t know what triggered my new found love of Avocados but I began buying them every week at the grocery store a few months ago and have since used them in all kinds of ways.
Avocados make a great (and healthier) alternative to butter or mayo and taste just as good, if not better. I enjoy avocados for breakfast, using them in sauces or dressings, as a topping for salad, even in desserts.
I came up with this easy avocado egg salad creation by substituting creamy avocado in place of the mayo and I don’t miss the mayo one bit!
So simple, with just a few ingredients and yet so tasty!
Avocado Egg Salad
Egg Salad Sandwich using creamy avocado instead of mayo!
Write a review
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Hass Avocado
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, peeled
- Pinch of Garlic powder
- Pinch of Onion powder
- Pinch of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper taste
- 2 Slices of Tomato
- Spinach Leaves
- 2 Slices of Bread
- In a bowl add avocado, boiled egg, dijon mustard and spices.
- Use a fork to mash everything together until creamy. Mix well to incorporate spices evenly.
- Spread onto toasted bread.
- Top with spinach leaves and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper and as my husband often says, "Mangia!"