We’ve been busy at our new house scraping the old popcorn ceilings. What a process! When I’m tired from a long day of working on the ceiling, cooking dinner is a low priority. I’m usually super hungry by that point and just want to order out. I’ve found a little pre-planning and choosing quick cooking meals helps.
These Cashew Chicken Rice Bowls are an all-in-one fast and filling dinner idea. I created a healthier version by using brown rice, lean chicken, broccoli and a few cashews for a nice crunch. The light marinade is made from chicken broth and soy sauce.
The Cashew Chicken Rice Bowls can be eaten as a complete meal or if you want to increase your veggie intake add a nice side salad.
For this recipe I used Braggs Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce since it is GMO-free. However, I just discovered a new product that I want to try out: Coconut Aminos. It’s supposed to be soy-free, gluten free and a non-GMO alternative! Great for those sensitive to soy or trying to avoid GMOs. Once I try it out I will let you know how it goes.
Cashew Chicken Rice Bowls
Rice bowls filled with chicken, broccoli and cashews.
Write a review
- 3 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce (or Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 14oz Package Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Handful Raw Cashews
- Minute Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and begin to brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce and corn starch.
- Once the chicken is browned on all sides add in the frozen broccoli florets, the marinade and a handful or 2 of raw cashews.
- Cover and simmer until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top of the brown rice.