After spending some time on Pinterest and being subjected to a visual barrage of scrumptious looking cookies, pies and cakes, I had a serious craving for something sweet.
Into the kitchen I went to whip up these homemade chocolate chip cookies stuffed full of flaked coconut.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are made with coconut oil and less flour and sugar so they hold their shape. Since they stay nice and thick there is lots of cookie to sink your teeth into.
Coconut and chocolate is a hard combination to beat (with the exception of peanut butter and chocolate) and they surely satisfied my craving for something sweet.
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade chocolate chip cookies made with coconut oil. These soft and thick chocolate chip cookies hold their shape and are filled with flaked coconut.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted (to melt oil, place the oil in a small bowl and place the bowl in warm water)
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (plus a few more for topping)
- 1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut, unsweetened
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Use a mixer to cream together the oil and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, a little at a time until dough is mixed.
- Scrape down the sides and stir in the chocolate chips and flaked coconut.
- Grab a small amount of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place onto the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Place 2-3 chocolate chips on top of each cookie ball.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until edges are just slightly beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool before storing in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.
- The dough will be oily looking but don't worry these bake up nice and fluffy!