When I think of Valentine’s Day I picture hues of red, pink, white, and purple. Candy hearts, flowers, strawberries and of course chocolate.
Now, I’m usually all about chocolate and believe you me I’m going to be making a chocolate dessert later this week but I wanted to make something a little different. I came up with these cute heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cookies.
Soft, chewy meringue cookies are filled with strawberries and shredded coconut. These melt in your mouth treats are sure to be a hit with your favorite Valentine (if you feel like sharing).
I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to mold them into heart cookies before baking. They make the perfect treat to enjoy on Valentine’s Day – or any day.
You can also just use a spoon and drop them onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet if you didn’t want to make heart cookies.
Valentine's Day Cookies
Strawberry Coconut Meringue Cookies
Write a review
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut (use unsweetened for a less sweet cookie)
- 3-4 Strawberries, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and a dash of salt until soft peaks form.
- Add in the sugar a little at a time, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut, strawberries and vanilla extract.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto the baking sheet. Or use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to mold the meringues into heart shapes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they begin to slightly brown. The centers will remain soft but the cookies should be set.
- Place leftover cookies immediately in an airtight container and store in a cool part of the kitchen.