With our new grill setup in the backyard, there’s been a lot of grilling going on around here. It’s nice to keep the heat outside and since things cook up quick on the grill we have more time to work on our home improvement projects.
Currently, we are putting the finishing touches on our new pantry. We replaced the old wire shelves with stained wood shelves. I can’t wait to give the big pantry reveal but before I can do that I have to touch up a few spots. I want to cover the screws with wood putty and stain them to match the shelves and there’s a few scuff marks on the wall from the drill that I need to cover up. Then, we will be moving on to one of our next projects -the master bedroom closet. I have big plans for that (like a sparkle concrete floor!). I’m looking forward to that project and also to having a place to hang my clothes again!
All this home improvement work sure makes a girl hungry :). And if you saw my last post for Avocado Egg Salad, I told you about how much I am in love with avocados right now. So naturally, I came up with another avocado recipe. I made these turkey burgers the other day and was happy with how well they came out. Perfectly flavored with a little cajun spice and topped with melty mozzarella cheese! Adding the avocado into the turkey burgers is a good way to add flavor and healthy fat so they come out nice and juicy.
Grilled Cajun spiced turkey burgers stuffed with avocado and topped with mozzarella cheese.
Write a review
- 1/2 Haas Avocado (you could use any kind of avocado - but Haas are my favorite)
- 1.25 lb Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning + More For Sprinkling on Top
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Scallion, Minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 6 Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat up the grill to high heat.
- Smush together the avocado, ground turkey breast, scallion and seasonings.
- Mix well to incorporate everything evenly.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Place turkey burgers on a plate or foil lined tray for easy cleanup.
- Sprinkle a little more cajun seasoning on top.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the cheese once you have flipped the burgers and they are close to being done.
- Once the cheese has melted and the burgers are cooked through, remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the turkey burgers on top of your favorite bun or skip the bread and eat with a fresh lettuce and tomato salad.